Established in 1999



Public Others Government Business Arts Community
Entertainment Lifestyle Services People Travel Internet Stuff



     FrontPage Edition: Tue 29 January 2008

 Two new work pass categories for foreigners



From 1 February 2008, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) will no longer issue Professional Visit Passes (PVP) to foreigners working in Singapore on short term assignments.
MOM will instead introduce two new Work Pass categories for such foreigners - the Miscellaneous Work Pass and the Work Permit (Performing Artiste).
In addition, MOM would continue to exempt foreigners currently exempted under the PVP scheme as well as those performing two new short-term activities from having to obtain a Work Pass.
Miscellaneous Work Pass

Instead of applying for a PVP, the following groups of foreigners will need to apply for the Miscellaneous Work Pass with effect from 1 February 2008:

  1. i) A foreigner who is involved in activities directly related to the organisation or conduct of any seminar, conference, workshop, gathering or talk concerning any religion, race or community, cause, or political end;
  1. ii) A foreign religious worker giving talks relating directly or indirectly to any religion; and
  1. iii) A foreign journalist, reporter or an accompanying crew member not supported/sponsored by any Singapore Government agency to cover an event or write a story in Singapore.
The Miscellaneous Work Pass is valid for up to 60 days.

Source: Press Release 25 Jan 2008

Important Notice

Our FrontPage Editions are a historical record of our Web site and reflect the changing of the times, and also of our Web site through time. We do not and will not update the links and stories on these FrontPages even if they have become obsolete.


If you have an event or some news to share with our readers, send the details, including picture(s), to us at 

We are now 15030 pages thick and growing.

Public Holidays CHINESE NEW YEAR is the next public holiday. It falls on 7 & 8 February 2008.