Established in 1999



Public Others Government Business Arts Community
Entertainment Lifestyle Services People Travel Internet Stuff



     FrontPage Edition: Tue 2 May 2006

300,000 Singaporeans awarded $137M of Workfare Bonus


300,000 Singaporeans awarded $137M of Workfare Bonus
To date, some 300,000 Singaporeans have qualified for the Workfare Bonus with total payout exceeding $137m1 . Those who have signed up for the Progress Package received their Workfare Bonus on 1 May.
12% of recipients with an income of $400 or less will be allotted a bonus of 1.5 months income.
48% of the recipients will receive the maximum of $600, 22% will receive $400 and 18% will receive $200.
Singaporeans who meet the Workfare Bonus criteria, had regular CPF contributions in 2005 or who had declared their 2005 income by 1 April through their income tax returns or WBS declaration forms, should have been notified of their allotment by now.
Those who had declared their income after 1 April will receive their notification letters in due course if they qualify.
Sign-up for Progress Package
Singaporeans who have not signed up for the Progress Package can still do so through any DBS/POSB/UOB/OCBC ATM by 31 May 06 or the website by 31 Dec 06.
Alternatively, they can collect a form at any post office, Community Centre/Community Development Council office or CPF Service Centre and submit it to the CPF Board by 31 Dec 2006. They will receive their money after 1 May 2006.
Public Enquiries
For more information on the Progress Package, the public can visit the Progress Package website at or call the CPF Board at 1800-2222-888.
1 90% of the Workfare Bonus will be paid in cash. The remaining 10% of the bonus will go into the recipient¨s CPF Medisave Account to help build up savings for healthcare needs.

Source: Press Release 1 May 2006

Important Notice

Our FrontPage Editions are a historical record of our Web site and reflect the changing of the times, and also of our Web site through time. We do not and will not update the links and stories on these FrontPages even if they have become obsolete.


If you have an event or some news to share with our readers, send the details, including picture(s), to us at 

We are now 10584 pages thick and growing.

Public Holidays POLLING DAY is the next public holiday. It falls on 6 May 2006.