Established in 1999



Public Others Government Business Arts Community
Entertainment Lifestyle Services People Travel Internet Stuff

Weather: Meteorological Service Singapore    High & Low Tides

Yesterday   2005     2004     2003     2002     2001     2000     1999

HDB & URA outsource car park enforcement services




From 1 August 2005, the Housing and Development Board (HDB) and the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) will outsource their car parks enforcement function to private service providers.
HDB outsourced the parking enforcement function for 30% of its car parks in 2003. HDB will now outsource the remaining 70% of its car parks enforcement function to private service providers.
The outsourcing is in line with the Government¡¯s direction for public agencies to focus on their core businesses, and outsource functions that could be performed more cost effectively by the private sector. HDB's earlier exercise has shown that the private sector is able to carry out the parking enforcement function efficiently and effectively.
Under the current outsourcing exercise, HDB has awarded the contracts to The Commercial & Industrial Security Corporation (CISCO) and SembCorp Environmental Management Pte Ltd on 31 May 2005.
CISCO will cover Woodlands, Sembawang, Yishun, Bukit Batok, Clementi, Buona Vista, Queensway, Bukit Merah and Chin Swee.
SembCorp Environmental Management will cover Sengkang, Hougang, Geylang, Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Toa Payoh, Balestier and Sims Drive.
URA has awarded the contract to United Premas Ltd, which will manage the parking enforcement function for all URA carparks.
There will be no change in parking charges or parking fines. The service providers will adopt HDB and URA's standard operating procedures and operational guidelines in carrying out the parking enforcement services.
While the service provider will issue notice of parking offences, HDB and URA will continue to follow up with the issuing of formal notices to affected motorists for settling parking fines and handle all enquiries, payments and appeals. The public can continue to make enquiries or offer their feedback on parking services to HDB and URA through existing communication channels.
The outsourcing exercise will affect 356 staff from HDB and 102 URA staff. They will leave HDB and URA under the Special Resignation Scheme for officers who are made redundant as a result of restructuring within the Public Service. Their last day of service with both agencies will be 31 July 2005.
HDB and URA have been working closely with the staff unions, NTUC, Singapore Workforce Development Agency and self-help groups, to find suitable alternative employment for affected staff. Job fairs were held in May this year to allow them to meet with potential employers. Many of the affected staff had also taken up retraining programmes sponsored by HDB and URA.
Issued by HDB & URA

Source: Press Release 25 Jul 2005


If you have an event or some news to share with our readers, send the details, including picture(s), to us at 


Click New Web sites for the list.

We are now 8435 pages thick and growing.

Public Holidays NATIONAL DAY is the next public holiday. It falls on 9 August 2005.


ePartners  | Press  |  eMail Us | Permissions | Content Contributors

Contact Getforme at

Powered by

Copyright© 1999 - 2005  All rights reserved



26 July 2005