Established in 1999



Public Others Government Business Arts Community
Entertainment Lifestyle Services People Travel Internet Stuff



     Immigration - Short Term Employment

Seeking Employment     Employment Pass     Permanent Residence     Student Pass     Expatriates

      Frequently Asked Questions


Q : "Who are required to apply for a Professional Visit Pass?"
A : All foreigners who wish to take up a short-term professional assignment such as performing artistes, speakers and exhibitors of seminars, conference and exhibitions, or journalists are required to apply for Professional Visit Passes. However, the Professional Visit Pass may be waived for foreign speakers and exhibitor who participate in major seminars, conference and exhibitions. The application for waiver should be submitted to the Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau (SECB) of the Singapore Tourist Board. Please note that foreigners from countries which require entry visas are still required to apply for entry visas after they have obtained a waiver on Professional Visit Pass.

For more details on the application procedures, please also see Frequently Asked Questions on Professional Visit Pass.


Q : "I am a professional/specialist. Which Singapore agency should I write to if I wish to seek employment in Singapore?"
A : You may wish to look at our Contact Singapore website on Working in Singapore and Frequently Asked Questions on Employment for detailed information. You may also wish to get in touch with our Contact Singapore Centres overseas or write directly to:

International Manpower Division
Singapore Economic Development Board.
250 North Bridge Road
#24-00 Raffles City Tower
Singapore 179101
Tel: 3362288
Fax: 3396077

Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs